Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, April 7, 2012

9 months

Katie's now 9 months old! Her first year of life is 3/4ths through! It'll be her party sooner than I want. Why can't she slow down?

Katie has developed a "naughty smile" now. Whenever she goes to grab or throw something she shouldn't, she quick looks at me and gives me this big grin because she knows she shouldn't do whatever she's about to do but will do it anyway. She is getting difficult! She has so many opinions on things and she likes getting her way. She also has quite a temper when I tell her no and won't let her have her way. She'll be a fun one, I can't believe she's already starting!

She's finally accomplished cutting out one of her naps from her day. She had three but this week she's cut out her six o'clock one every single day. Now she takes a nap at 2 and again around 8-9 but she fights me through both. She loves to explore - there's no time for naps!

Her favorite things to do are go to the park, clap other people's hands (her own get boring) and lick her toes. She can now get up on her knees or push herself up on her hands but not both at once without immediately falling. She's super clumsy! But she sits like a pro. When she does occasionally fall over, she usually catches herself half way and then just stays like that and waits. She won't cry or yell, she just stares at me and waits until I notice to help her upright.

Katie's baptism is tonight. I'm so stressed out getting everything ready for it as I'm super behind. I had the last two days perfectly planned so that the chore list would be distributed easily. But yesterday we got up late, had to run for food supplies, made chocolate eggs to give out as gifts and then Bandit ran off and we spent the next 4-5 hours getting her back. By the time we got her back I was so work out and stressed that I just went to bed. So the list is all on today. So far I washed her outfits and baked her baptism cake. The list is about 20+ things to get done and all are things I can only do. Katie is grumpy so that's not helping as I have to keep stopping everything to nurse her and try to make her nap. Which is what I'm doing now while cake cools. Hopefully she goes to sleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment