Katie is creeping closer to her nine month mark! I'm noticing new things about her every day as she explores and figures things out.
At 8 1/2 months old, Katie:
Loves to have music on and dance! And she always wants me to join in with her crazy dancing. It's the only way she doesn't mind sitting in her high chair while I clean, as long as the music is upbeat an loud and I'm dancing while I do everything else.
She now says Mama with meaning. This usually happens when she's upset and wants me to fix something!
She can, on rare occasion, sign. I've gotten her to sign Blue a few times, she waves hi and goodbye, and she tries to do up every time I ask if she wants to get up. She's soaking things in, for sure!
She loves her Belle dolls. No joke! I'm not really sure why, I didn't plan on her liking them or even noticing them for a while yet. But her whole face lights up when she goes over to the shelf with the Belle dolls, she smiles and grabs for the baby Belle the most. What luck!
She loves dogs, any dogs. She recognizes what all different types of dogs are. Sophie is still forever her favorite, though.
She's a great sleeper - unless she's sick. Last night she wouldn't go to sleep. Usually she'll fall asleep within 15 minutes of when I tell her to. Ive never had much trouble with that, luckily. But last night she was up for three hours whining. After a half hour, I knew she wasn't feeling well. Seems like she got some of my cold from last week. She woke up looking much better, and has taken her naps very well today.
Katie loves to play with her hair. And mine, but she's less gentle with mine. Her bangs are now down at her eyes so I have to side swipe them and pin them up for her. But she loves grabbing at the big curls above her ears and gently pulling them through her fingers. She also greatly enjoys getting her hair brushed, she gets so quiet and still for that.
She still loves her blues clues, but also started watching Disney movies. She likes all the singing parts!
Katie gets scared easily now. Any noise from a different room will scare her. If she hears someone walking around in a different room, she freaks out. If I do something a littl too loud or fast, she gets freaked. She still loves people though. I assumed stranger danger would happen at the same time as separation anxiety, but I guess she's saving that for later. Every time we go shopping, people still stop us to say how beautiful she is - and she gives them the biggest smiles!
Katie is learning how to clap now.
She loves books. She likes when I read to her and when she holds the book to page through herself. We have reading time multiple times a day bc she'll grab for books.
Katie's favorite toys are her feet still!
She loves walks. Daytime or nighttime, she sits in her stroller and watches everything go by, and loves to walk right next to the dogs. Just like them, she's sad when it's over. She especially likes going on walks with no socks on! Likewise, she also enjoys trips to the store, especially when she gets to lounge in her cart cozy and matching pink pillow. She definitely looks like a relaxed princess in it!
Katie likes the feeling of being dizzy. When someone won't give her a spin, she shakes her head back and forth as fast as she can and then giggle about it. Repeat every ten minutes!
That's all I can think of for now. Can't believe she's growing so fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment