Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 24, 2012

Baby Hugs

Baby hugs are the best thing EVER. I know that sounds like a "duh" moment but it's not. It's one thing to know that baby hugs are cute and adorable and another thig to feel your own baby wrap their soft little arms around your neck and hold you tight while they snuggle their head on your shoulder. It's awesome. It reminds me of the episode in Raising Hope where the father would do anything to get a hug from his child. Katie has been doing it for a while now, but she does it more frequently now and tighter and I love each one!

I'm teaching Katie how to sign. She understands most of them when I sign to her. She hasn't yet figured out how to make her fingers work so precisely. So now when she wants something, she shakes her hands and moves all of her fingers about trying to show me the right sign! She does it harder the more she wants something. It's so cute! She did the Blue sign once already, but that's the only one she's managed.

*Something * is going on with my body and it's driving me nuts. For the last week I've been cramping, bloated, nauseous and constant mood changes. I'm not pregnant and my period has not happened. I'm assuming it's my body gearing up for my cycles to begin again but I'm getting tired of this! Just start already and leave the cramps behind. And the rest of those symptoms, while you're at it.

Katie is terrified of the sewing machine. Not sure if I mentioned that yet? But it's gotten worse. It's not the moving parts or the light that bothers her. I'm not really sure what it is. The slightest, barely able to hear noise from it sets her off into screaming, red faced and shaking in fear. Yet she doesn't mind the blender or vacuum?? Ive been getting into sewing lately and Katie is really not helping!

She's almost 8 months old now, only another week to go. Which, to me, only means FOUR more months until she's 1! I'm not ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment