Ugh, I had the worst time today. I didn't even remember that I turned 29 weeks today until just now.
I went to the hospital early this morning to get my glucose test and rhogam shot. The glucose sugar drink wasn't bad at all, I got it down fine and felt considerably more confident. After sitting in the waiting room for about 50 minutes, I started feeling pretty gross - light headed, headache and pukey feeling. Once I knew I was sitting there for over an hour, I asked them to please take me back because I didn't think I could hold it down much longer. (they told me that if I threw it up today, I had to go home and come back another day and do the whole thing over again, which I don't have time for.) Instead, they made me wait for an hour and 20 minutes. When I went to get blood drawn, they drew two viles before I started blacking out and losing my sense of hearing (which happens right before I do a dead faint.) The nurses kept trying to shove my head between my knees but hello, I got a big belly here! My back was screaming because they made me bend over and froze me with multiple ice packs on my back, neck and chest. I kept telling them it wasn't working and I was getting worse, but they kept trying their way. I had Bill come over and support me because I felt like I was losing control of my body and was afraid of fainting and falling flat on the floor.
Finally they transported me down the hall and had me lay down. I felt okay for a few minutes, then they attached me to a blood pressure machine. They kept taking my blood pressure over and over, and every time it made me feel much worse. I told them to stop it but they wouldn't, so I started blacking out again. They shoved smelly pnemonia things at me, the nurse kept slapping my face and telling me to keep my eyes open but this time I passed out anyway. I woke up to Bill pushing the throw up bowl at me, and spent the next two minutes throwing up the drink and stomach bile. Ugh. The moment I started feeling better, the nurse tells me that since I passed out and threw up, that I'd feel like complete crap for the whole rest of the day. Well geez, thanks. Like i needed to be told that right then! She also told me that I was completely white and my lips were grey, which had them worried until I slowly regained color.
Once I started feeling better, I got my Rhogam shot (which was the least of the problems even though that's what I was worried about) and they kept me there to lay down for a while longer. Bill is pretty late for work today, and I'm hoping they don't fault him one of the vacation days we need for when the baby comes (he only gets one week paid vacation).
I'm still feeling a bit sick, and very tired - I guess the fainting and puking took a lot out of me.
Edit, I forgot to put up pictures:

Thats terrible! I understand they do about a billion of these a week but thats no excuse! This is one of the hundred reasons i hate trhmc...
ReplyDeleteI really dreaded getting this done at the hospital, because every single time I go there for blood they either bruise up my arm so badly, or something else goes wrong. I'm sure my body would have reacted badly no matter where I went, but these nurses just didn't want to listen! At least it's over, or I hope it's over because I don't think I'll make it through a three hour test!
ReplyDelete