Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, April 8, 2011

28 w, 1d

So I can now add to my list a little more:

3 more onesies
2 sets of socks in two different sizes (I think there's 6-8 pairs in each)
1 pack of baby wipes
1 4-way infant thermometer
1 pack of 8 baby wash cloths
1 waterproof mattress cover for our bed

 I was going to buy a birthing ball, but I didn't know which size to get. They all seemed a bit small. The biggest one was 75 cm, which is almost 30 inches. The other ones were between 20 - 25. I was trying to think of how big it has to be to squat on it without getting so low it's uncomfortable, but I wasn't sure how high that would be. It seemed like 30 inches wasn't enough, but maybe it is? It would help if they had a model of it to sit on! The picture they had on the box made them all look like they weren't very high off the ground.

 I wanted to buy a bunch more and brought enough money to cut through about half of the list leftover, but Bill's mom called him at work saying that she bought quite a few things and that we should wait to buy anything until Sunday, when she wants us to pick things up. I have no idea what she might have gotten, so I decided to play it safe and only buy things that I could always use more of anyway (like clothing, socks, wash cloths, wipes, etc.) Though I was really excited to finish a lot of our list last night, I'll have to hold off until next week. I'm sure by next Thursday, I'll be hitting a midnight run to the store again in a slight frenzy to get things picked up, since that seems to be the pattern I'm developing.

 I just wish our Walmart was a little less new and a little more stocked, since they're missing a lot. I wanted to buy scratch mittens, a carseat cushion, breast pads and a few baby hats but they didn't have any of those things there yet. When we asked a worker there if they were getting more things, they said they were still working on getting stuff in. So we may have to go to other stores to get those. I know Target has them, but they're slightly more expensive, and Babies R Us is way expensive (they charge $15 - 18 dollars for each cotton baby hat!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I want to see all the pictures of all the new stuff you got Saturday !!

    Show me, show me !!

    Also, take pictures of it set out so you can see what is what, then take pics of it folded in the drawers so we can see that the drawers are "finally" filling up !

    Pick up some Ivory Snow detergent, rubbing alchohol and cotton balls that we missed yesterday.

    Next Saturday, we can stop and pick up your afterbirth peri-care needs at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need all the things for labor/delivery and after care of me. I'm not even sure if I have a full list of what I need or not, so it's probably best we go together.

    When I get the ivory snow I'll start washing all the clothes up and putting them in the dresser. Any older clothes I guess will get hung up in the closet for later.

    ReplyDelete