Today felt a bit overwhelmning...I came home from the midwife appointment with a stack of papers that feel like lots of homework, and so much that I need to do.
I found out that I need to get Rho-gam shots within the next week due to me being O negative, made worse by being pretty sure that Bill is ab positive. The doctor never mentioned this before, so it sucks to have found out now, especially because it'll affect my future pregnancies, especially if Katie turns out to be of positive blood.
Also, apparently when my blood work was done in first trimester and I asked the doctor how my levels were and he said they were good, he actually meant I was already borderline anemic. I now need to be tested again and keep my levels up above 33% in order to give birth at the birth center. So it looks like I'll be looking into lots of red meat, cooking in cast iron, and eating some nuts and such. I didn't think previously that it would be so easy to lose my birth center delivery!
I also need the glucose test, which I expected, and I need to find, interview and decide on a pediatrician within the next three weeks and get papers signed. I also need to start going to the birth center every two weeks from now on. There's SO much to get done, so many appointments to make and go to, and so many things to buy. The end feels so close and I'm just not ready!
I nearly fainted three times while in the appointment. It started out as having a bad heat flash and a head ache, which turned into me sweating badly and seeing black dots, then I couldn't hold my body up anymore and they had to move me so I could lay down before I fell. Little things helped a bit, like juice, an open window and a cold rag, but every time I moved the entire room would spin. She wanted me to stay laying down for a while but I just wanted to get home to my bed before I got worse. I wonder if it's a sign of my iron levels being too low, or if the baby hit a nerve. It didn't feel like she was laying or pressing on anything, especially because she would not stay still at all. Maybe the last week of waking up early, going to bed late and running around in between caught up to me, because I can't stop being super tired. When I got home at nearly 12, I went to lay down on the bed and fell asleep until almost 5, which is when I had to force myself to get up to take care of Sophie and tend to my growling stomach. But even still, at almost 7, I'm exhausted and want to take another nap.
Baby's heatrate was 155-160. It's always very different every time they take it. It went from 140, to 144, to 164, to 155-160. My fundus height was 26 inches, which all I know means is that it's getting really hard to breathe now!
No comments:
Post a Comment