Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Productive Day, 25w, 2d

We got so much done today! The nursery is looking great! With all the freaking out I've been doing lately because we don't have enough done, this really helped!

 We woke up early this morning and started the shelves. Bill and his stepfather went shopping for shelves and then set them up amazingly quick while I worked on cleaning the downstairs. To my surprise, they got shelves that perfectly matched the nursery furniture, and were the perfect width that I was hoping for.



After I stocked the shelves:



 A better picture of the crib since the last ones were in terrible light, plus the current mobile we have on it:


Picture of the old shelf on the other side of the room (the teddy bears have muliplied!)


We also went dress shopping to find a dress for tomorrow, when we go to a wedding. This took much, much much longer than anticipated. We went to Walmart last night and looked through the very few dresses they had there, then today we headed over to Ross to look. They didn't have a maternity section, so I had NO idea what size to look for, which took up a large chunk of time. I definitely don't fit into the small dresses I used to with this bump! Here's some of the dresses I tried on:

The first one I tried on, which I really loved. Sadly, we couldn't find it in the right size. If it hadn't cost so much, I would have taken it home and seamstressed it for later. The picture just doesn't do it justice - it was navy blue with white dots (usually I hate polka dots) and red lining, with a ruffled tulle sash underneath. It was adorable:

This one I loved on the hanger and hated the moment I put it on. It just struck a wrong cord for me, but it was shimmery and fluttery:

I ended up buying this as a cheap summer dress because I thought it was adorable, and it had plenty of room to grow in! (I loved so many white dresses, though i was looking for any color BUT white to wear at a wedding!)

This was another that was cute in real life, not so much in the picture.

I tried on three sizes of the same dress - one was too small and the others were too big, none would fit:

Loved the silk daisies in this one, but it was too big:

Didn't think this one suited me at all:

Very Holly Hobby-esque, I thought. I liked it as a summery dress but it didn't fit:


I ended up this one, which just carrying it around the store I got quite a few compliments on. I'm planning on pairing it with black high heeled boots and a long (mid thigh) leather jacket with my hair down:


When we got home, we (Bill) put together the changing table! It's one of the last pieces to preparing the nursery (the only thing left now is putting up the vinyl lettering I bought a bit back). The changing table is much bigger than it appeared in the store (or from what my memory told me) so now we're looking at redoing part of the room - the dresser may end up under the old shelf and the changing table moved in it's old spot so it's not close to the window like it currently is. This is a LONG diaper changer, with lots of space!


So it felt like a very productive day (we also finished our aquatic tank with two angelfish today) and now I'm exhausted! I'm spending the rest of the night brushing out my hair to prepare for tomorrow (there's always that one giant stubborn knot in the same spot at the top of my neck that KILLS my belly to reach!) and then heading to bed. I'm very pleased with how the nursery is looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment