Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 10, 2011

24 Weeks (Viability Day)

Viability Day and 24 weeks came with so much exhaustion. I woke up around 10 after a hard night (had a lot of pain, and baby seemed to be stuck far on my left side between my lower ribs and my hip bone and wouldn't move). By 1:30, I was napping and didn't get up until 3:30. At that point I tried mopping the attic floors (they look so dirty, but I'm wondering if it's just stain because after lots of scrubbing, they still look the same! Since it's a rainy day, there wasn't enough daylight to really get a good enough look.) and then sewed and patched up a few pieces of clothing and blankets. I tried sorting through my clothing to only having out what fits, but once I saw that I was eliminating almost all of my clothes, I gave up and tried to just fit them all in our spare dresser.

Everything in the house seemed to make me want to throw up at the thought of eating it, so I stuck with salads through most of the day (though mozzerella sticks sound so yummy!) I got so frustrated after that because I tried to vaccum the carpets - and it wouldn't suck anything up. So I figured it was just full and changed it, but that seemed to make it worse? It started leaving more fur than it was sucking up. So I stopped that and went to shampoo the nursery, but that didn't seem to want to suck back up the suds! I didn't get very far before I stopped. The baby seemed to really hate the sound anyway and kept trying to get away from it. The only thing I really accomplished was cleaning up half of the bedroom, but that left me totally exhausted again and I was only at it for maybe an hour.

 So there's only 16 weeks left at this point, just 6 weeks left until 30 weeks (because once your 30 weeks, you're practically all done!) Baby is now viable and over a foot long and things like fingernails, eyelashes, fingerprints are all done. The brain and lungs are rapidly developing at this stage. The baby is supposed to start growing fast over the next four weeks. I can't believe I'm so far so quickly. I was looking through some of my old posts, and it seems like it was just last week that I was only 12 weeks along. Where has second trimester gone?

Because the house has been so dark today from the heavy rain and the house lights just don't hit my belly brightly enough, I'm waiting until tomorrow to take pictures. I don't think I really gained anything more than last week anyway, I look about the same.

 Now if I can only get through this exhaustion (not sleepy enough to nap, but my body just feels so heavy and tired) I'd love to brush through my hair, grab a shower and write out a grocery list but I really don't know if that's going to happen tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Still waiting for belly pictures for this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I should probably do that. I was going to take pictures like I did at 20 weeks, but it seems like we'll be waiting a while to do that since I can't ever remember to do it.

    ReplyDelete