Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 17, 2011

25 weeks

25 weeks today! This week went by SO fast, I can't believe I'm already updating for another week. There's only 15 more weeks to go - and the scariest/most exciting part of this week is that I'll be entering the double digits in how many days are left. Half of the days I'm super excited to get near the end of my pregnancy because I want to see the baby so much, but then I realize that actually I really like the baby being tucked away still and I'm not ready to give that up! The thought of labor, delivery and all the aftermath probably add to that! I do have a feeling that my knitted baby blanket isn't going  to be finished by the time baby gets here though!

I got my first baby bump compliment in public today! Finally people can recognize me as pregnant instead of slightly pudgy. I was shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding we're attending on Sunday (since I've officially grown out of all my normal dresses and I have a shocking number of skirts that are plain white) and a couple of girls around my age were passing by and I heard one of them say "she has such an adorable little baby belly!" It probably made me a bit happier than it should have, but with my entire body changing into something I don't recognize, it's nice to hear positive comments about it!

Ultrasound is next Thursday. I'm really hoping it puts our curiousness about the gender at ease. I really want to know! The only problem is, I really wanted to have a name for the baby when we found out. Apparently, we still don't have that. We're now completely undecided on the entire girl name, which really sucks - we have a boy name that's solid. Now we need a girl name (which we even stopped considering for most of my pregnancy because we both had such strong boy vibes) and we're not agreeing anymore. Should have expected it though, it would have been too easy to have a boy with the name all picked out! lol

 The baby poked it's leg out of my stomach last night. We were sitting on the sofa, and I had my belly out so Bill could see it completely rocking back and forth (I really want to get a video of it, but baby is so shy it seems!) when suddenly a long limb pushed up through my stomach next to my belly button and decided to stay there for a while. I tapped the baby leg and it kicked me! It just looked really funny (and I still get a bit weirded out at limbs emerging from my skin!) but it was pretty neat to see too. Usually it's only an elbow or foot that pushes out, and just a really quick push.

Since I just posted pictures two days ago, I'm going to wait until Sunday (dressed hopefully nicely in my dress) to post more.

 It feels weird that I'll be 26 weeks next week - that's just creeping SO close to the 30 weeks milestone! I'll be 27 weeks when we go to our all day birthing class in two weeks (and 28 weeks when we go to check out the birthing center and have my next appointment). April is so full of things we have scheduled, I'm sure it's going to fly by. Slow down please?

No comments:

Post a Comment