I feel like I haven't been updating this at all.
We finally went and got the changing table today. Got up early and went there, but there was a big confusion. The entire way we've been paying for this furniture set was odd and just sort of rigged, and today they couldn't figure out what the cashier did last time. It took over an hour of standing there and trying to sort things out. Thankfully we got the manager half way through, who eventually after all this waiting had us underpay for the deal, gave us over $400 worth of bonus points on my rewards card (that helps to get free diapers and other things) and also have us a $75 gift card! I'd say that's a pretty good deal for just standing around gazing at baby clothing and blankets while they did all the work. It was definitely good though, because during that hour I was thinking that Target was just a few stores down and we'd be going through them from now on.
I went to the chiropractor's yesterday and it went amazing. He said I was in pretty bad shape with needing to be realigned, and found that the source of some of my migraines were the top vertibreas in my neck were so high and strained that they were pushing up against my skull and causing a lot of tension. Bill said he couldn't believe how loud the crack was, and even the chiropractor said that it must have been really satisfying because not many crack so much like that. He also cracked my lower back, which felt great, then followed it up with a vibrating massager that felt like heaven. He also pushed apart my shoulder blades, which he said were tensed and being pulled together. I was sore yesterday, but feeling good today. My belly is hurting today, like it feels so much heavier suddenly. I wonder if readusting my back put more weight on my belly.
Saturday was fun, we went fishing for about 4-5 hours. It was such nice, warm weather, unlike all the days surrounding it (Sunday was storming all day, yesterday was cold, Friday was damp, etc). It was really nice to just sit together for hours without anyone interrupting us and just getting to sit and talk and be together. It was so peaceful. We also packed a little picnic to go with it, but ended up not eating much and instead, trying out the new steakhouse that opened up. Surprisingly, the steak wasn't very good but every single thing we got besides it was the most amazing food. Even the desserts were awesome. We got these little bucket desserts that had hot brownie, stawberry cheesecake and nutter butter peanut butter desserts in them that we took home. The only bad part about the restaurant was when we showed up, we were told it's a 15 minute wait. They clearly lied, because there were over 6 pages full of people before us that they didn't tell us about. After waiting 45 minutes, Bill walked to McDonalds and got us snack wraps because I was too hungry to wait (we were in line outside, so we ate in the parking lot). It's really good we did, since it was over another half hour before we checked in and they told us we were still half a page away from being seated but since we said we were waiting all this time when we were told 15 minutes, they jumped us ahead. Thankfully it was worth the wait!
While writing this, I called the radiology department in the Reading Hospital and was put on hold and transferred over five times with NO ONE knowing what I was talking about. I kept asking about a student radiology department that's asking for volunteers to get prenatal ultrasounds done but no one knew. Just as I was about to hang up and say goodbye to basically my last chance at knowing what gender this baby is, I finally reached the right place! By that time I was so confused at being flip flopped around and saying the same things over and over that I barely got out what I was trying to say. Thankfully she was the woman in charge and understood what I was looking for, and set me up with an appointment for March 24th at 10 AM. She said I'll get a bunch of pictures to take with me as well, so I'm pretty excited. I'll be 26 weeks by then, maybe who knows, we'll be able to see better. I know Reading has 3/4D ultrasounds, so maybe that'll let us see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment