Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 30, 2011

18 weeks, 3 days and...

I felt the baby move last night! And baby has good timing.

We weren't able to get the crib yesterday because our truck bailed out, but we bought the dresser. As soon as we got it home, Bill started building on it. It was easier to put together than expected, but it took much longer. Since Bill seemed to have a good idea of what he was doing, I helped by sitting in front of him and watching (lol).

After sitting there for about an hour with my knees against my chest, I felt something really gently move. I started replying to Bill about whatever he was saying, but suddenly I got what felt like an elbow digging into the sides of my uterus as it glided along. It was so surprising and unlike anything I ever felt before that I actually made a weird gasp/scream. Since I was having a lot of strong cervical pain all day, Bill figured that I made the noise from that. When I tried to tell him it was the baby, I got another strong movement from a bit lower down that felt like a kick or knee jab. I knew that it had to be the baby, because it felt like my whole body seized up in alert.

 It was fun to feel the baby for the first time while we were both sitting in the nursery, building the baby's own dresser. It's definitely a good memory for us.

 It was only a few movements for the night, but when I woke up this morning and was laying really still, I felt a light movement to remind me of the night before. I hope I get to feel a few more. It's almost like I have a new toy to play with. It's so comforting to be able to feel baby and know that everything is okay.

 I also screamed yesterday when we got home from running around and I was changing my shirt. It seems like my belly button has decided to start popping out. It looks so weird and gross, and I have no idea why my belly button is popping already, when my belly hasn't really gotten big yet.

 My doctor's appointment is in five days. Hope I can get him to give me an ultrasound soon. Now I really want to know who this baby is that I'm feeling inside me!

No comments:

Post a Comment