Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 13, 2011

16 weeks

I originally started this blog for myself, to track month to month how I felt and what my body was like while we were trying to get pregnant. So I wrote in shorthand basically because I knew what I was saying. Then I had people from my baby boards start reading my blog, and since they also knew all the abbreviations, I kept going with it. But now it seems like most of my friends and family are on here, and the abbreviations are confusing, so I guess I'll just switch back to writing normally.

 Anyway, I'm FOUR months pregnant today! Four? How did that happen! I never thought pregnancy would go so fast. Though I also thought that by four months, I'd be showing more. With most clothes that I wear, you really can't see my belly looking like anything. It's only when I wear summer clothes that people say "wow, you're looking bigger!" or when I don't have my shirt over my belly. I do feel like it's getting bigger, but slowly. I console myself with saying the smaller I stay, the less I have to worry about taking it off when the baby is here, and I'll look better after. But at the same time, I'm pregnant! I should get the fun of looking pregnant for more than a few weeks at the end. Oh well, it'll get here eventually.

 The belly not growing much wouldn't be a problem, if I could only feel the baby. I just want to finally "feel" pregnant more than just in my head. Is it weird to want to feel fish tails in my stomach this much?

 I made cinnamon rolls the other day. They came out both looking and tasting great, and only lasted for about two days. Since they took me a good 4 hours to make all together, I now understand why Pillsbury sells the really quick kind.




I'm hoping to learn how to make soft pretzels next, since that's my new craving. I've been getting soft pretzel nuggets from the store, but I go through them so fast that it would be much better to make them. They're one thing that both tastes good (especially with salt and mustard) and I can eat when I'm sick and they won't make me throw up. Pretty perfect!

 I convinced Bill to take off this Saturday. I'm hoping in the afternoon we can go buy our crib! We should have a good paycheck this week, so maybe we can even squeeze a diaper changer in there depending on how much they cost. I've finally made the decision to go with light wood to brighten up the room. I think it'll also go a lot better with the light blue/brown/creme color scheme that I'm going for.

 Since I never found a good blanket set, and because they're very expensive and half of it (quilt, bumpers, etc aren't usable for a baby), I decided not to buy one. Instead, I'm going to get crib sheets that all match the colors listed above, a crib skirt, and I'd love to see if I can find the new vertical velcro crib bar cushions. They make some in really neat colors and patterns and I think it would make it look even better (plus much safer for the baby than bumpers or bare bars!)

 And finally...here's my 16 week belly pictures (a shadow rolled in halfway through taking them):





I don't look pregnant at all from frontal pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment