Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 31, 2010

5 weeks, 3 days

Yesterday, I went to put on the last pair of clean jeans that I had (I can't carry the laundry basket down two flights of steep stairs anymore, so if my husband forgets to that day, I have a hell of a time taking bits down at a time and usually don't) and I found that they didn't actually fit. I've had these jeans since I was about 17 or so and they had fit me just in the last few months.

 Now I'm so bloated that I could barely put the button together, and if I wanted to sit down, I had to unbutton them! It really made all of this start to sink in that it's real.

 I had no idea that I could be growing out of jeans already. I thought it took quite a few months, not five weeks. I went on the baby boards and thankfully, I'm not alone which made me feel much better. Looks like it's good winter is coming - I think I'm going to stick with sweatpants and pj bottoms for a while!

I bought a Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow yesterday, since I've been having trouble sleeping for the last week or two. Lots of tossing and turning, with sore stomach and legs when I wake up. I woke up much better today, my back wasn't sore and my legs felt better, though my stomach still hurt. As someone that loves to cuddle up, cuddling against this pillow is really comfortable and helps me to sleep all night.

Yesterday's party went well. I think I had more fun getting ready for it though. I put on lots of glitter since I was a fairy - now I can't get it off! I even have it all around my ears. I definitely forgot how much glitter sticks. The package said to just wash it off - yeah right! I washed and washed and glitter ended up all over two washcloths somehow, because it's still coated on me. Oh well, I'm just very sparkly today.

At the party, there was free alcohol and mixed drinks, so I felt a bit left out when I saw that everyone was drinking. I nursed my Sprite while the smell of the drinks were all around me. For some reason, starting about three weeks ago, I started craving alcohol. Out of the blue, something I've never done before. I barely ever drink alcohol, so I couldn't figure it out. The craving got even stronger, I think, when I knew I wasn't able to have any alcohol for a very long time. So last night was a bit of a tease to me.

 However, the best part of the night was that it turned out I wasn't the Puking Fairy at all! Morning sickness stayed at bay and I was able to at least enjoy myself in that aspect. Maybe I was just the Chilly Fairy, since I was the only one that was quite cold the entire time!

Anyway, this is how we turned out. My husband went as Hercules (which turned out ironic, because his sister and her husband went as Hercules' family) but the leather straps wouldn't fit over his muscular arms and legs. I ended up having to sew all of them on him. Afterwards, I had to cut him out of it too - it was quite a project for me!


1 comment: