When I was about 10 or 12, I remember going to Babies R Us with my then pregnant mother and I would look at all the pregnant women holding their stomachs and picking out neat little things with their husbands for their up and coming arrival. Even at 12, I couldn't wait for the day that I could go into that store, pregnant myself, and shop for my own little baby.
Today, I finally got to do just that.
I went to look for a pregnancy journal, but they didn't have one. They did have, however, the most adorable, soft and sweet faced teddy bears. I tried to stay away from them, because after bringing home a bunch of teddy bear decorations last week, my husband said he thought I might be getting a little obsessed. I admit, this very well may be true. And I definitely couldn't stay away from the teddy bear aisle.
Most of the teddy bears I have are either used, or ones I've had for a long time. So today I went and bought a brand new little bear to hold during my pregnancy and eventually be able to give to my little one. Wouldn't it be nice to say to my child one day that this was their little teddy bear since just days after we found out about them?
This is my new little buddy bear:
He rests perfectly on top of my belly. I can't wait until I can put him on top of a baby bump - he looks like he's made to do just that.
My morning sickness got much worse today. I'm sure I'm only a few days away from properly experiencing it and needing those buckets I purchased the other day. Despite this, I'm eager to get further into my pregnancy. I can't wait until I'm out of the first trimester so I can breathe a (little) sigh of relief.

No comments:
Post a Comment