Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 24, 2010

4 weeks, 3 days.

So far, pregnancy has been wonderful. I know, it's only been a few days, but I'm very happy.

Even though we were planning on waiting to tell everyone, everyone already knows! His side of the family found out yesterday when we went to DH's birthday dinner and my DH leaned over to his mother and whispered that I was pregnant. She freaked out and started crying and no one else could figure out why - it took a good few minutes until she calmed down and could announce it. My side knew the same day I found out via my mother. I was overly excited the day I found out and told our friends through texts and facebook.

Yesterday I bought Sea Bands, which are supposed to help with morning sickness. I've been feeling pretty sick since the day before I found out, so I figured I'd try them. They're difficult to figure out if they're being worn correctly all the time because they get bumped around without me realizing it. They help some of the time, but others I'm still looking away from food in queeziness. .

I also bought some buckets, figuring I'll need those. I'd love it if they could go unused, but seeing that I'm already running for the toliet multiple times a day, I'm sure in the next two weeks I'll have them by my side all the time.

I'm really excited about being pregnant. I can't wait to get further along and go to doctor appointments. I've been trying to be relaxed and not worry, though I know I'll be relieved once I get to hear the heartbeat. I set up a doctor appointment for December 14th, which is when I'll be 10 weeks. I had hoped for sooner, since they take you at 8 weeks, but they were too booked. DH is struggling to find an excuse to take off of work (he only has maybe a sick day left, which only works if he personally is going to the doctor) so I'm really hoping I won't have to cancel it and go a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment