Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 28, 2010

5 week mark!

Woo! I'm five weeks!

It's been exactly one week since I found out I was pregnant and began floating on air - I haven't come down since! Each day feels a bit like a milestone, but each week definitely will.

It still feels funny - I feel like I'm cheating mother nature or something. I've never been a week late for AF (and it feels great!) I'm still paranoid - any time I feel anything, I run to the bathroom to make sure it's not blood. It gives me a panic every time. I can't wait until I get to twelve weeks. I think I say that to myself every day - just hang in there, only seven weeks to go.

 I can no longer sleep on my stomach at all. It's odd, I didn't think that would already hit, but a lot of people I've read about also have the same problem. The bloating and sore breasts combined just makes it very uncomfortable to sleep that way, which is unfortunate since I've always been a tummy sleeper. Well, I guess I had to break the habit some time - might as well start before I'm forced to from a big stomach.

 I'm hoping to go to Babies R Us on Saturday (oh, how I love that store!) and get a Snoogle pregnancy pillow. I'd love to get a back and belly one, because they just look so comfy, but they're about an extra 50$ on top of the 55$ a pregnancy pillow (plus cover) already costs. My back is already killing me, so I'm hoping it lets me sleep more comfortably and keeps my back properly in line. Maybe then I woke wake up a million times a night, restless from bad positions.

 Yesterday I made my baby registry. I'm not sure why I did, since most of my friends are either guys or broke, but I thought it would just be fun. I never got to do a wedding registry, so I wanted a baby one - even if I'm the only one that will be buying off of it! Oh well, at least it'll be a nice picture checklist for me.

 Here it is: Babies R Us Registry - Registry #: 46109076

 I think it has everything on there possible, except the crib bedding. I haven't been able to find a teddy bear one I really like. In fact, the only bedding set I found that I loved was a turtle one - but it badly contrasts with the rest of the nursery. And seeing how much a bedding set costs - I better love it!

 I ordered a pregnancy journal yesterday from amazon.com. I'm pretty excited about writing everything down. Keeping memories has always been really important to me, so I definitely want to write down everything from pregnancy. I'd like to do the same with a baby book, but after the baby is born...well that'll be much harder! It should be arriving tomorrow, so that's when everything will start being documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment