Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 29, 2010

5 weeks, 1 day

As of now, according to my tickers and the documentaries I've been watching, Baby now has a heartbeat, eyes, ears, mouth and limb buds that are visable, the brain is growing rapidly, kidneys are growing,  and at 5 weeks, 1 day, is 3.5mm big - roughly the size of an appleseed. Sounds like a beautiful baby to me. =)

 I got my pregnancy journal in the mail today. It's called The Belly Book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, which I recommend - it has pretty hilarious promps and check lists (My current disposition: Sunshine and happiness, partly sunny with chance of showers, or hormonal hurricane, Things I miss most from before the belly: a normal sized bladder; my ankles, etc.) It has a lot of sentence prompts that are helpful for things I wouldn't  have thought to write about, and lots of room for writing memories, current things that are happening and room for weekly belly pictures and ultrasounds.


The Cover:

It's all organized in trimesters, and little journal entries for that trimester's "reflections" and tidbits in between.


I also took pictures of my stomach yesterday for the "five week mark". It's just uncomfortable bloating, but it sort of looks like something. I'm excited to see how it slowly grows week to week (even though it won't really start growing for quite a while yet!)





I also tried on my Halloween costume yesterday. It's a purple glitter dress that I've had for months and loved - but there's never been anywhere to wear it too. I bought a pair of wings (thought they're difficult to keep up - they keep either folding or going sideways. Maybe two way tape will help?) and some glitter to sprinkle on, and there's the whole costume.

We planned to go to a Halloween Dance  a few weeks before we found out I was pregnant. We bought tickets, so I really want to go - but now I'm always sick feeling, especially late afternoon and night. The dance starts at 6 on Saturday, so obviously it's in the bad morning sickness zone.

 So what it comes down to, is me going as The Puking Fairy. I'm almost seriously considering glittering up a bucket I carry with me around the house and add it to the costume - just in case I need it. I can't think of what I would do if I suddenly needed to throw up - it's a big social hall, and there's no way I'd make it to the bathroom. A bucket may be a good idea...but how embarrassing and weird!

 Anyway, here is my Puking Fairy costume:

 Without Wings:

With Wings:

Hopefully I can hold of morning sickness for the night. After that, it can come whenever - I'm not planning anything until Thanksgiving day (God help me) so I just need to get through Saturday night. I'm planning on bringing my big purse and filling it with ginger ale and crackers.

 This has become my Pregnancy Bag. I got it as a gift when I was a bride's maid in a friend's wedding. Now it carries about three cans of ginger ale, Wheat Thins, Saltines, and my knitting (I'm working on a knitted patchwork baby quilt in baby colors of pink, blue, green and yellow. Currently on pink!)



2 comments:

  1. Love the costume! Hope you have fun at the dance and don't have to use your bucket!

    ReplyDelete