Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

4 weeks, 6 days

I'm almost five weeks!

Every morning, my very first thought is always that I'm another day into the pregnancy. I love running to the computer to look at my tickers and see that I'm another day in. I love it.

 Over the last few days, I've been noticing that the morning sickness and constant sleepiness are not the worst of the symptoms. It's the soreness and tenderness of what used to be known as breasts and are now just sacks of hurt and pain to me. Anything touching them makes me want to cry. I'm always waking up at night because the sheets grazed against them. Ow ow ow. I nearly took my husband's arm off when he forgot how sore they were and tried to touch!

 The other thing that I'm not fond of is peeing.every.half.hour. I know keeping hydrated is super important, but all this bathroom running is tiring. I can't really take naps, because I always need to go to the bathroom and if it's not me needing to pee, it's my pup Sophie.

 Speaking of which, Sophie seems to be picking up on my symptoms as well. She's been peeing a lot, about every half hour (we even took her to the vet to see why she was peeing so much but she's fine) and adores taking naps with me. She's getting very cuddly lately, always wanting to be against me. She's even learned what "nap" means. Anytime I tell her we're going to bed to take a nap, she runs into the bedroom and settles down on her blanket against my side of the bed.

Sophie had a playdate last Saturday to play with two big dogs at my MIL's house. She thoroughly enjoyed it. The day after, she had a weekend playdate with my mom's dog, who we babysat for two days for them to have some fun together.


This is Miller, a lab/husky mix:


 This is Sammy, a lab/chow mix. He gets very jealous of all dogs.

All the dogs getting pets and cuddles.

Bandit, my mom's Cairn Terrier:

The two checking each other out:

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your doggie. My cats were completely different when I was pregnant too. The peeing thing does get a little bit better after a few weeks, but then it gets far worse. I'm really excited for you! Once your hormones level out a lot of these symptoms will level off as well and be more tolerable. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait until the hormones levels out a bit - it's been pretty crazy. Any kind a temperature change in the house makes me boil or shiver - nothing in between, so it's hard to sleep at night. I always require either all of the blankets or none at all!

    ReplyDelete