Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

34w, 6d

I'm going to be 35 weeks in just a few hours!!!! I have TWO WEEKS until this baby is fully baked and to term, and just five weeks until she's due to be out and about! Woah!

 Two weeks is basically nothing!

 I'm starting to get anxious for it though. I know when she's out it's a whole new set of problems, but I've been fantasizing about no more constant, 24/7 back ache, not needing lots of help getting out of bed, being able to sit up on my own without feeling like a giant, fat upside down turtle that loudly groans with every move, not having a giant belly anymore, not having to worry about stretch marks, and not having elevated temperature, not being suffocated by tiny pushing feet or having heartburn from drinking water!

I have had a great pregnancy, lots of good times and it's been wonderful, it really has. But I'm getting over it now, and I really want my body to look better and for me to not feel like groaning or screaming at every moment for one thing or another. Am I ready to sacrifice a few months of my life and sleep and sanity to cater completely to a baby, deal with constant breastdeeding and leaking, having a few week period and panicking over everything my baby does? I'm not so sure, but I'm getting close to saying "bring it on and let me get through it already!" Delaying it certainly isn't helping (though technically, I'm not delaying, just waiting out baby's development.)

 I can't stand the heat. I'm going crazy and keep invisioning my blood boiling under my skin. It's so hot! I wear minimal clothing while sittingi n front of a fan on high and drinking cold water and it still does nothing except make me grumpier - stupid Sophie apparently is also hot, so she thinks it's smart to get up on the sofa and stand directly in front of the fan so I can't feel it at all. Imagine my frantic screams to her as I'm cut off for even a few seconds from the wind! Thankfully Bill is going to put in the air conditioner this weekend...but surviving the rest of the week is a serious struggle! We went to the store last night and bought a ton of popsicles and I've been downing them pretty quickly. I'm sorely tempted to go buy a blow up pool to put in the back yard so I can get sun and not swelter - but I don't think that would work out!

 Katie is really acting up lately! She's doing the craziest positions. How is she even laying in there when she's able to do these things??



Birthing classes start tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment