Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

31w, 6d and...

8 weeks and 1 day to go....

I still can't believe I'm supposed to have a baby next month. That just seems so weird! It can't be that close already, can it?

 I woke up today (after sleeping in a comalike state, probably from the severe sugar crash yesterday) with an awesome surprise. I opened my door to get the mail and there was a big baby gift bag from Adrienne waiting for me! (It was here that Bill yelled down the stairs for me to check the front door because he found my phone that told me to do so. lol) I brought it inside, and it was like a whole little baby shower in a bag! It was filled to the top with very thoughtful and adorable gifts. Once I had it all unloaded, I took some pictures of it all before incorporating it all into my nursery. lol






 (This is called Flaming Katie:)


Thanks again, Adrienne!!


Last weekend my mother and I spent the day going to community yard sales, and I had the best luck with me! I managed to get everything I was really hoping to find, and things I didn't even think of that worked so well in the nursery. And, somehow, even though I bought everything from different people, they all managed to match each other perfectly! (I said it seemed like fate that I found everything matching, which made it easier to keep buying everything! lol. However, everything was so cheap, I couldn't pass it up anyway!)

I found a swing, which to fit it into the van we had to disassemble it. Instead of putting it back together I put it in the nursery closet for now, so I wasn't able to get pictures. However, it looks a lot like this one, only in green and cream colors with white teddy bears:

The bassinette I got was also in cream and green and looked like it was never used - in fact it came with the original box and instructions as well! I couldn't find it online (though this is the closest to it: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11267673&searchURL=true )
 Here's some bad lighting pictures of the bassinette that I took:


(Yep, those are more white teddy bears on that mobile. lol)


I got a light green glider, but I can't remember the brand name. Instead of going downstairs to look, I figure it's something like this one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3968397 . Even Bill, who was very picky with gliders when we were shopping in the store for them, thought this was a very comfortable, easily gliding rocker.




Then I got this cute little guy to hang off the crib: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401847&prodFindSrc=search


I also got a Pottery Barn bedding set for her, in white, light green and lavendar colors (the quilt was shown above on the glider.) Here's the bedding (I got two duvet covers, a crib skirt and the quilt). It has adorable little caterpillers, butterflies, frogs and other little animals on it, along with big flowers. The whole thing looks handstitched, which I think is adorable!





I also got my THIRD changing table. No, I didn't really need it, but it was free - who am I to turn down a deal like that? lol. It'll come in handy as a book or movie shelf until one of our others bites the dust.
I also got a huge amount of clothing, all from places like A Child's Place, Gymboree, Carters, etc, in sizes from 0-3 all the way up until 2T. It should be about enough to get her through until next summer! The outfits are so adorable, I can't wait to see her in them. I wanted to take pictures of all the little dresses, outfits and little hats that go with them, but we'd be here all day!

Here's the 9 months through 2T here. Can you see the little Santa cap on top? Another reason I can't wait until Christmas...


There was more I bought, but they were mainly little things that filtered into the nursery already. Here's a few pictures of things that are new in the nursery that we've been working on:

Angels that sit at the window sill:


Here's some angels that look over the crib. They looked over all of my siblings, and my crib as well. I even have a picture of my own crib, where these two watched over me.




This is the video moniter, all set up on the wall. It's really awesome - the touch screen video screen can turn the camera to all angles - you can watch the crib, or almost any other part of the room. We tested out the sound as well, which seems to work great.



Anyway, I think that's all that's new. Lots of nursery things that made me feel all that much closer to bringing a baby into our house. I'm still working on the hospital bags - I thought I was almost done and honestly, thought I was bringing too much. Until the midwife gave me a paper of what to bring - there's so much on there that I haven't put in yet!

 I also took my glucose test yesterday, it didn't go nearly as bad as the last one despite getting my blood done four times instead of one. I'm really hoping for good results (and in this case, no news is good news!) so keep your fingers crossed for me over the next few days.

 Also, we let go of our cable today. I was hoping to keep it for late nights with baby, but we have netflix hooked up to the tv and cable seemed to just be a waste of money. We'll see how it goes - if I get too desperate when I'm sleep deprived, maybe I can find a cheap package somewhere. Really, I only need about four channels, and two of them are to watch cooking shows. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment