Yesterday was over 90 degrees so Katie is now in her new summer clothes. She's now sporting cute little shorts, skirts and tank tops with her pigtails. She loves this, as no one adores her baby skin more than herself. She loves this sockless weather though just like Bill, what I find to be perfect weather makes her sweat. She was a bit miserable yesterday even with the fan on as she was quite sweaty. I gave her a cool bath which she loved but hated the actual cleaning part - she wanted to splash, play and hold all of the wash cloths (I had THREE, two for her to play with and one for me to use but no, she wanted the third one too!)
Katie is able to stand now. Have no idea how long she's been capable of it by she's doing well. Last Saturday I had a dream that she suddenly started to walk so at church that morning when she was fussy, I stood her up on her own and she stayed that way, just holding my hands. She loves to stand up and stare at her feet as they do something new! Maybe she'll be one of those babies that goes right to walking instead of crawling first.
She's eating like crazy now. Yesterday she ate some banana, orange jello, green beans and macaroni. Even when she doesn't like the taste of something, she still wants me to feed her bc she wants to be eating and chewing whenever I am. She loves watching people eat and eating with them. After months of disinterest, she's catching up fast!
We went to our first yard sales of the season this past weekend. She did great with getting up at 4:30 am and behaved for hours. Towards the end though, she wanted her bed and to relax and nurse. She made out well though - she got about 20 outfits for this sued and winter and I couldn't resist buying her a few toys.
Katie's second tooth is popped through it looks like. How adorable will she be with two little front teeth!
No comments:
Post a Comment