Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

It's been such a busy weekend! I can't believe how fast it went.

Katie got Baptized on Saturday. It was a lovely ceremony that Katie was really good with until the end. She had skipped her second nap so she was beyond exhausted by that time. But she loved getting the holy water poured over her head and was a good sport sitting through most of the service. Once she was baptized, Bill and I were confirmed into the church. After many months of classes, we're finally fully part of the church and have righted all of our wrong doings outside of it. What started last summer on a midnight walk with an infant Katie where both Bill and I felt compelled to go to church again and get our baby Baptized has now finally been completed. Im not sure how I feel about that - I actually enjoyed our private class sessions to learn more about the whys and how's of the faith. I no longer just go through the motions, I understand them now. I have meaning behind the words. But I still constantly have moments of "hmm, I wonder why they say this or we do this" and I immediately think I can ask at the next class. Luckily he's encouraged us to keep up with emailing him so maybe that'll suffice. Church definitely feels more like a family event now, where we're apart of something. I like the idea of Katie growing up in that enviroment and taking part of the church life through chorus, alter service or bake sales. She's always very happy at church.














Easter started very early. We woke up at 7:30 am and went to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Cousins that haven't seen Bill and his siblings in 10-15 years were asking to meet up so we went along. One of the cousins I had a fun time talking to. She's around my age, has a baby around Katie's age, goes to the same park as we do all the time and lives just two blocks away. She seemed really sweet, so maybe I'll have a park buddy.

After the breakfast we went to church, which Katie made it through the entire thing without fussing so I got to see the mass instead of listening in the front room. The church is always so beautifully decorated for holidays!

We headed to my MIL's house afterwards for a dinner we were late for and so Katie could play with her cousins. She adores babies so she really enjoyed the 4mo one, and giggled like crazy every time the baby started to cry (she scared him!) she also really liked her toddler cousins.








Now that Easter is over its like a huge weight has been lifted. I've been fretting about the baptism for so long now. I guess I can start focusing on Katie's birthday now!

This is the total TMI portion of the post, so feel free to stop reading here as this is moreso for my own personal records. Katie is not even a baby anymore, as she's no longer having baby poop! She has formed little kid poops. She doesn't like it as she has a lot more work now instead of gushing, and she stinks so badly, but it all stays in the diaper now and is easier to clean. Is it weird that I felt sad over poop? I kept thinking that she's not at all a little baby now. She might as well be a toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment