Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 7, 2011

4 month check up

It's getting harder and harder to wake myself, Katie and bill up so early in the morning. Today was Katie's check up, which meant a 7:15 am wake up to get everyone ready and out the door to get there by 9. I was so worried we'd be late - turns out it didn't matter bc even though we had an appointment card saying today was our check up date, thy had never entered it into their computers so we weren't scheduled. My heart fell - the only thing worse than having to wake up early to get Katie shots is having to do it twice! I've already worried myself sick for two weeks about these shots. Thankfully Katie's doctor was called and she said that she'd fit her in anyway.

Katie's stats are now 17lbs, 9oz in weight, just over 26 inches long, and she's perfectly healthy. My doctor said that we were doing everything perfectly and we have the same ideas about how to raise babies, which is rare. Exclusively breastfeeding, delayed vax and delayed start on baby foods to avoid Open Gut, and she likes how well informed we are about everything. When we first met her, she said that she'd go along with our requests as long as we proved to her that we knew what we were saying, instead of just demanding things we didn't really understand. Thankfully I do tons of research and read everything, and then thoroughly explain it to Bill and have him read the books too, so when she asks us "why?" about certain things, we have prepared educated answers. In return, she's been very easy to work with and gives us no problems on anything we choose to do with Katie. In fact, she approves.

I spoke to her about what had happened last time Katie got shots and she was appalled. She wrote all over Katie's chart that she is to be consulted before anything happens with Katie, and if I have any questions for her, they must page her before continuing, even if she's out of the office they have to call her. That made me feel a lot better! She said what they did last time was absolutely wrong and if I ever have to take Katie for a nurse's visit again where they're doing things I don't approve of, I should make them call her and refuse treatment until they do. She definitely won some bonus points with that, I'm glad she's looking out for Katie and is willing to put such effort into her care.

Katie did worse with the shots today. She got bright red and screamed so much. Last time I cried, this time I managed to only feel horrible guilt on the inside. She refused to nurse, or listen to anything calming. Finally Bill got her calm, and then while we were wrestling with reception she started to cry again, but this time Blue's Clues was able to cure her.

We came home to what I'm thinking probably won't be but was meant to be Katie's last Christmas gift. It's a Minnie mouse pink blanket with her name embroidered on it. I bought it on sale - cheap enough that I even thought of getting one for Sophie, as Sophie loves blankets and pillows of her own. I'd love to get Katie a Disney snowglobe yet, as I'd love to get one for her each year but I may need to wait to start it next year. So far she has a Winnie the Pooh snowglobe, and my Beauty and the Beast snowglobe.

As I'm on mobile again, pictures will come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment