Katie's refusing to sleep still and it's driving me nuts! I heard someone say that there's such a thing as WW19 - what someone jokingly said the ww stands for World War. If I remember correctly, it means Worst Weeks for babies, and one of the biggest ones is week 19. Which
I think Katie is (yes, I'm a terrible mom - I lost track of exactly how old my daughter is!)so I suppose that explains the fact that she hasn't napped in days! She falls asleep and whether I lay with her or not, she is awake, literally, within five minutes. She falls asleep usually twice a day and those 1-4 minutes of sleep she gets are quite the power booster apparently. She does, however, sleep all night (I assume from pure exhaustion!) she fights sleep until she's delirious, falls asleep at 1 am and sleeps mostly until 9. Then she wakes up, nurses and falls back to sleep until 10-11. (she also wakes to nurse during the night, it's not a straight sleep, but I can snooze through those at least!) It's almost like she refuses to sleep unless Bill is home. She'll sleep while he's here perfectly. Then he leaves for work and she fights me whenever I try to get her down. Once he comes home at midnight, she laughs that he's here and plays with him for a few minutes, then goes to sleep! Like all she wants is to see her daddy before going to sleep. Apparently this child isn't happy with just a stay at home mommy, she wants both parents home all the time! Lol
All the babies around her age are going through this currently, according to their moms. Lots of sleeplessness, crankiness and frustration. I do hope she grows out of it soon, the house is suffering and the one time of the year that I need it clean is around the major holidays! I'm cracking out the Christmas stuff next weekend!
Katie even hates the sight of the bed now. Where before she'd cry to go to bed to take her naps, now when she sees it she cries bc she knows what it means and she doesn't want to try napping! She just wants to play, even when her eyes are bloodshot and barely staying open.
On the other hand, all of these crying fits she's having about going to sleep has let me see that her eye ducts have developed - she now cries real tears! It makes her sadness all the worst to see actual tears coming out. Can't help bit to cuddle her to make them go away!
I have no idea if this is determined so early, but she serms to be right handed. She picks up everything with her right hand, and she's always practicing opening and closing with that hand more than the other.
Katie's tooth is so close to the surface that I keep thinking its finally popped out but not quite. She does lots of tongue chewing and choking on excess drool lately. Every hour she starts having a choking problem with her drool, and it scares me every time!
Currently Katie has her eyes closed, but she's not going down without a fight! She's too tired to keep them open, but she keeps kicking and throwing her hands up and letting out little whines. Even cuddling her doesn't help (I just get kicked harder!) I guess im going to try singing her to sleep. Pictures to follow later.
No comments:
Post a Comment