Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 7, 2012

15 Months Old

Katie Belle is now a 15 month old! She loves to give hugs, find her nose, get her hair done, practice walking, races up stairs whenever she's allowed (and begs to when the door is locked), and still prefers doggies and babies to anything else.

She's beginning to become confused though. I ask her if she's a little girl or a baby, and she insists that she is still a baby. Then I show her a mirror and I ask her if that's a baby, and she says no, and  looks confused! Poor Katie, she doesn't understand that she's aging. We've been saying babies for those who are under a year and little girls for older, so she definitely knows that "baby" doesn't quite fit the Katie image anymore, but she still wants it to!

Katie is so close to walking. She has great balance, can get in the standing position and stand for quite a while all by herself, and can walk just with holding one of my fingers. It's no longer about balance, but about fear. I've seen her take steps when she's holding onto silly things that don't support her, so I know she can do it. She's just afraid to go freestyle yet! That's fine with me, though my back cries when she makes me walk with her over and over and over.

She also loves to parrot now. She'll say things that I'll say. Her biggest thing right now is saying "woah!" whenever she falls, because (I realized after she started doing it), I say it whenever she falls. Whenever she even lightly taps her head now, she'll look at me and say one quick "ow" before moving on, like it didn't actually hurt but she knows the sound effects usually are appropriate at this time. She loves her shoes - but she doesn't like me to put them on her. She takes them off, then tries to put them on herself. She loves to have one toy that can fit into another, or something she can put together. One of her favorite things is my wooden spoon and a plastic cup. She likes to put the spoon into the cup, stir it around, take the spoon out, then try and put it back in and stir. (My little baker!)

Katie so enjoys to eat. It doesn't matter what, she wants to try EVERYTHING. Ever since we went on the cruise, she things everything is at her disposal to eat. She's constantly pointing at things at the store that she wants to try, even if she doesn't know what they are. She loves trying new food. She went from being a picky eater to a "just feed me!" eater.

I'm trying to expand upon Katie's tv likes. So far, she likes to watch Blues Clues and only Blues Clues. I tried so many other kid shows and they just don't take. I tried Disney movies as well, and while she'll watch about 15 minutes of it just fine, she is done with it after that. (It can take us a week to get through a movie!) But she could watch a marathon of Blues Clues, even though she's seen them over and over and over again in her lifetime. If it's what she wants, she gets it though. I have no problems with Blue's Clues! I just assumed that she'd be into at least one other show by now. I'd like to introduce her again to Leap Frog, as they're so educational and catchy! But, everything is set at her pace, so we'll see. Her favorite character, however, has shifted. Instead of adoring Steve, Mailbox is the star to her. She loves Mail Time! Though she still giggles along with Steve's silly jokes.

Things that Katie hates: Pants, socks, hats, naps, carseats, long car rides (as in, anything more than two minutes), doctor visits, high chairs, Veggie Tales (she screams at the opening, weird child!).

No comments:

Post a Comment