We got back from our Disney Cruise yesterday, and wow - it was really one of the best weeks ever! Katie enjoyed it so much, as we all did. She loved every minute of it - every meal, activity, play time, pool splashing, and character meet. We got thousands of great pictures to capture the moments as they fled by.
Katie also grew up on that trip. She learned new words, gained better balance, became more independant, learned to eat so many new things, and even won her first competition (a diaper dash, where she won the first round, then finals, then took her prize and did a victory lap with it in her hand!)
There were too many fun events to list. I'd love to try, but everything rushes out at once and so much is forgotten until I go through it again with the pictures (I'm so glad I took so many or else everything would be so jumbled in my mind!) Katie may not remember the trip later, but she'll get to see a play by play in the photo album, as every event we went to gained quite a few pictures! (when I say a few thousand photos, I'm not exaggerating!)
Now that we're home, it's bittersweet. It's nice to be able to sleep in a bit and not constantly have somewhere to rush off to, but Katie seems so lost now. She doesn't understand where her second home went, as she thought she was going to live there from now on! She doesn't know where Mickey is, where all the food is (she pointed at everything in the grocery store and demanded to immediately try it, like she did in the buffet lines!) and where all the babies and fun has gone. It's sad to see, she seems so disappointed to be back home in reality! I can understand why, I feel sad to not still be on the ship as well, as I had a blast too. It was truly a magical trip! I'm so glad we were able to go on it and share in all the experiences. Settling back into reality is a little hard, but I'm slowly getting back into routine with Katie. I promised her that we'll go back one day, but I don't think that means much to her as I know she wants to be there again right now! She seems so bored to play in her room now, instead of in the Oceaneers Club, or in a baby race, or at Toddler Time, or even the buffet lines. Poor Katie just doesn't understand what happened and why we had to go home!
I'll share some of my favorite pictures of us enjoying our week, since I can't post nearly what I have (facebook has over 800 photos!)
No comments:
Post a Comment