I know, I know - I totally abandoned this blog. It seems like so much happens so often, and yet it's so rare that I get enough time to sit down and document it in blog form. I keep everything up to date in her baby book, but I always enjoyed remembering the details from here (except the birth, I'd rather forget most of that! lol)
Today's Thanksgiving. Katie got all dressed up and ate out at Cracker Barrel for an early breakfast with all my SIL/BILs, where she spent most of the time coloring and drinking chocolate milk. After that, we headed to Thanksgiving dinner, where we made the big announcement:
We're expecting baby #2, and Katie will be a big sister! I'm due July 21st, 2013 and I'm 5 weeks and 5 days along. I'm feeling a million times better this time than last. I get the occasional queaziness, but it's not so violent. I'm just so tired all the time!
This baby will be another July baby - adding to the July birthdays of Katie and mine. DH is the lonely one out! We'll have a house full of rubies, and one awesome celebratory month!
We were trying for 10 months for this one. It was so exciting. I was running a few days late on my period, which wasn't a shocker as breastfeeding is still messing up all my cycles. But when I reviewed the days of all my other cycles, I realized that since getting my period, I had never had such a late cycle. Even so, I figured that Katie nursed more often and caused me to either skip a cycle or delayed ovulation. It honestly never occured to me that I was pregnant. I finally took a test because I couldn't stand the idea, the building hope, and the awful nervousness in my belly from not knowing. I still 100% expecting a BFN on that test. I even went to the store, didn't tell DH so he wouldn't know that I was wasting more money on tests I kept throwing away and being upset over, and I took it while he was at work. Didn't see a reason why not to, that way I wouldn't be sad while he was home.
Well, was I ever shocked! It still doesn't seem real, but I love it. I have an early ultrasound next week to take a peek. Since this is Katie's blog, I'll be updating over on my TTC/Pregnancy blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment