Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 16, 2012

Today's New Things

Well, after six months I finally did it. I've heard so many stories about it and never understood how it happened but now I do. I finally squirted Myself in the face with breastmilk, very nearly missing my eye (Katie, on an almost daily basis, isn't always so lucky. Perhaps it's her karmic payback for always trying to stab Sophie's eyes! Lol) anyway, that was a shock. I was pumping as Katie ran up my supply over the weekend and then decided today that she wasn't very hungry today. This left me with a noticeable goose egg popping out on the top of my one breast, and the other one feeling like a brick. Fearing mastisis setting in, I grabbed her sippy cup while she slept and started to pump with my hands (no manual pump needed here!)While doing this I was watching netflix on my phone and somehow things got out of hand and before I knew it, my freshly washed hair was quickly squirted all over.

Now that the tmi portion of this post is over, I'm trying to remember the real reason why I was goin to post today (before the squirting incident).

My mil accidental bought Katie some giant socks. They're 2T - 4T according to the label.

They fit PERFECTLY. Finally, socks that STAY ON HER FEET! The 18m ones that she bought for Christmas were an improvement, but they still fell off easily. I know she's a tall baby (with me being almost 5'8 and Bill over 6', this is to be expected) but wow! She's definitely gonna be a tall girl. Bill says she looks very tall when I carry her bc she's half my height almost. She's a good grower, that's for sure.

Our resolutions are still going well. All but waking up early, which, in my defense, I was against from the beginning. Our grocery bills are paid in all cash from the weekly allotment so we're keeping perfectly in budget there, we're eating salads every day, and Bill is losing weight (8 lbs in two weeks so far.) I've gained, maybe, a pound do far which to me defies logic. I eat like five big meals a day. I have desserts. And yet I'm not going up. This may be because of the heavier milk supply that Katie created, as mentioned above.

The milk supply spiking seems to be more from Katie refusing to sleep than from a growth spurt (or maybe it's all wrapped up in a growth spurt?) she still hates the sight of the bed, screams when she knows it's nap time and just rebels at the idea of sleeping. It was like the day she turned six months she decided she wouldn't sleep anymore, ever again. If it was her secret resolution, she's keeping hers better than most. Her not wanting to sleep leads to her calming down by nursing and calming down to sedation takes a while.

Things I've learned today:

After a week of no sleep, Katie will crash from five hours. Out cold, unless I try to leave the room. Instead of catching up on dishes, I was forced into a 5 hour marathon of White Collar today.

Katie thinks that carrots and breastmilk combined is the worst taste ever. She will then proceed to spit and drool until every last taste bud has been cleansed of the goop.

She now will drink from her sippy cup. As long as its breastmilk and at the exact temperature As when in was in the breast. If its not, it's then only used for mouth wash to help aid in ridding of carrot mush.

Katie likes to play with only those things she thinks she's not allowed to have.

She knows what keeps her constrained now. She's going after those buckles with vengeance. Thank goodness for poor hand eye precision.

Katie loves to throw things off of the high chair, listen to the bang it makes on the floor, then stares and waits for it to magically reappear.

Breaded chicken leftovers taste great in salads.

Thanks all I got. Apparently the original reasons for writing a blog today have been lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment