Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 30, 2012

Oncologist Appointment - Year 4

I went to the oncologist today. It's an appointment that I dread for so long and then feel soooo relieved afterwards from. I was nervous last night so Bill offered to count up his extra quarters from a savings jar he's had for years and drove out just to buy me some Snickers ice cream and a Snickers bar, then watched the baby while I made white a milk chocolate chip cookies to put in the ice cream. It was delicious, and we didn't touch our extra grocery money for junk food.

Anyway, the oncologist said everything looks perfect, no signs of worry, I don't need a CT scan, and cleared me to have more babies. At first he was concerned that I didn't have my period back since having a baby 7 months ago. Apparently, exclusively breastfeeding for that long is rare enough that he didn't even think it could be from that. He was pleasantly surprised to hear it (because that meant not having periods was normal, instead of an instant big red flag).

Bill and I finally decided to start NTNP until our ttc date. It probably won't mean much without my cycles back yet, but who knows, it may encourage my body to start getting in gear. It would help if my body would start putting weight on though! Fully clothed I now weigh 114. I understand that my body's natural comfort level is below the BMI range, but it isn't that low. So...more ice cream? Lol. I'm going to try putting some muscle on. Thankfully, my belly skin is tight again and my belly is officially back to how it was prebaby. Even those few stretch marks I had are so light they're barely see-able! Iota definitely time to build those abs. I can already feel muscle building under my skin, just not enough to really pop and show!

In Katie news, she's now sitting up really well. I may have said that already, but she's able to sit up for longer and longer periods now. Finally she's getting some balance! Her main downfall has always been trying to look up at the lights. She loves looking at lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment