A few developments from today:
Katie learned how to wave hi! Like we always do, I had her looking in the mirror at "the baby" and told her to save hi while showing her how to do it. She smiled at the baby, then focused on my hand and lifted hers up and started to do it back to me! Wondering if it was just a fluke, I distracted her and came back to it an minute or two later. I asked her again to wave hi to the baby in the mirror while I did it and again, she did it back to me. About ten minutes later she was in the bath tub splashing away. I got he attention and said "Katie, wave hi!" while I waved at her and she did it again. It's always neat to see her finally understand something I say and be able to comprehend well enough to do it back.
Katie is now interested in learning how to use her sippy cup. She still doesn't want to actually drink the milk bc it's always an imperfect temperature for her, but she does want to use it. Today she tried to drink from it while holding both handles and munching at the side of it. She couldn't quite find the nipple! When I helped her, she tried sucking away at it but when she tasted it, she quickly stopped trying to drink it!
Katie has started to do a dangerous thing now though. I noticed she slides her bum off of the green divider in the bathtub when she arches, which makes her whole body go more horizontal. I had to set her back up as she was quickly sliding to where her face would go under, even in pretty shallow water. I've always hated that she learned how to arch, but I really hate it now. Thank goodness bath time is only about five minutes long and I'm always with her at every moment.
Another thing she learned how to do about bathtime: biggest splashes ever! I now get pretty soaked, as does the whole bathtub stall and the outside. She just goes crazy with the water!
Seems like she's been learning many new things this month. Every day comes with new surprises from her, it's been quite a fun adventure wanting her learn!
No comments:
Post a Comment