Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

18w, 6d

It seems like all of my cravings are changing.

I hated chocolate my entire pregnancy, and now I can't eat enough of it (bad, I know.) Two nights ago while it was snowing I asked Bill to please stop off and pick me up Almond Joys and Peanut Butter Cups (to be fair, I think this was triggered by watching an episode of the cake boss where he made almond joy/peanut butter cup filling for his cakes and it just looked amazing.) I ate them in the same night, and last night, in the ice storm, I asked if he needed to stop off anywhere again because I could really use a Kit Kat or two. He bought me about 6, plus some twix, which was a big mistake! I'm trying to make them last, but that's just about impossible, especially when the baby seems to really love chocolate (Seriously! I feel a lot of movement after eating chocolate.) But hey, I haven't really gained any weight yet (or at least I didn't until this month, Friday will be the Moment Of Truth.)

 The baby was going crazy last night. From 9 PM to about 11, the baby was flipping all around and kicking like crazy. It was a lot of fun, because I can feel and see the kicks from the outside already. About ten minutes before Bill got home though, the baby fell asleep! I tried for about an hour to wake up the baby. It was like my new toy ran out of batteries or something when I wanted to show Bill some tricks! lol. I was too wound up to sleep, and around 1 AM the baby woke up again, but every time I put Bill's hand on my belly, it would go completely still. Finally, after playing around for like 20 minutes, Bill was able to feel the baby for the first time. I really liked the look on his face when it happened, and afterwards he said "We're gonna have a baby!" I just laughed and tried to not give him a look that said "Where have you been for the last 5 months??" lol.

 The baby woke up around 3:30 AM and stayed awake for what seemed like all night. I tried to sleep through it, but I didn't have much success. My belly felt sore in the morning in all of the places that the baby kept kicking at. I guess now that it was awake for most of the night, it's sleeping now because I've only felt light movements once in a while like it's moving in it's sleep so far today.

Pregnancy is quite a bit of fun now!

 Tomorrow is 19 weeks! I'm just 8 days away from being half way through this pregnancy. How weird is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment