Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Social Butterfly

I'm loving watching Katie grow and make an impact on other people!

I was really worried when she started ballet class. She was the only new person in her class, and she was the odd number. Everyone else already had a best friend they clung to. There's a set of twins that play together, and two girls whose parents are friends and they go to the same preschool. They play exclusively together. Katie was left without a buddy but desperately wanting one. She LOVES kids! And making friends was one of the main reasons I signed her up. I didn't know what to do.

I should have trusted my little girl though, as there was nothing to worry about! She's such a social butterfly, she draws people in. First, she tackled the twins and became friends with them. Now every time she comes through the door, they run to her and give her a big hug and they instantly start playing together and chatting.

But Katie isn't one to settle. She wanted everyone to be friends! Last week I watched as she went to the other two girls and talked to them and got them playing games. They're shy, but she got them to open up.

This week, I watched as she went between both groups. The twins welcomed her like always and for a few minutes she played only with them. Then when both of the other girls were there, she went over and played with them for a while. Then I watched as she brought both groups of girls together. For the first time, I watched all the girls playing the same game together, all of them in group hugs and being silly and right in the middle of them all was Katie, giggling like crazy and so happy. No more division, Katie had everyone being friendly and together.

She's such a special little girl! I love watching her interact with others and positively impacting those around her. She absolutely loves ballet class and can't wait to go each week. I can't wait to see her grow in the school!

No comments:

Post a Comment