Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 18, 2015

Katie at Four

My beautiful princess is now 4 years old, and how much she's grown in the last few months! She has lost all of her toddler look and now looks like a child. Her memory is astounding, she picks things up that I teach her so quickly, and she LOVES every day. She's a proper little Daddy's Girl, she just adores him. She has "Rapunzel hair" that she loves and enjoys getting princess hair styles. She's still my little water baby, she loves any body of water no matter how small.

She started ballet two weeks ago and absolutely loves everything about it: the dancing, the other little girls, the teacher, the dressing up. She is so sweet and polite, I hear her each week say "Yes, teacher!" whenever the teacher asks any question. She goes around before class to greet each girl with a hello and chat with them a bit. She is never nervous, never shy or embarrassed. She's so outgoing and eager and loves everyone. It's truly heartwarming to watch her interact and enjoy her sessions. And when she comes out of her dance room, she always runs to me and says "mommy, mommy - I'm Katie Belle! I'm a Ballerina now!" Sometimes, she even says she's a Princess Ballerina.

I can't wait to take her on the Disney Cruise next month. She's been so looking forward to it for months, wanting to watch youtube videos of it and talk about it. She can't wait for her first airplane ride, or seeing Florida, and getting to meet all the Disney characters again. I wanted to make this time really special since she understands and enjoys so much, so I have one day that's all about her. She'll go to Bippity Bobbity Boutique and get a make over in a little princess dress, have her nails done, and get a little princess hairdo. Once she's all polished and princessed up (which she absolutely can't wait for!) she then will attend the Royal Tea Party. I had to stay up very late and act very fast to get her an exclusive seat, as the cruise only does one party and allows less than a dozen little girls in (and there's THOUSANDS of people that go on the ship!) All dressed as a princess, we'll have a mommy daughter date for tea, sandwiches, cookies and cupcakes, all while the princesses sing, put on a little play, and then come around to each child to bestow gifts, jewelry and dolls to them and take pictures. I'm not sure who's going to be more excited for it - me or Katie! I can't wait for her to meet all of the princesses. We're going to have so much fun together!

Katie can now read through a few of her BOB books and is absolutely obsessed with reading time. I'm starting her back up on a curriculum for her second year of preschool. She's already surpassed Kindergarten level of what she would be learning during that year, but she wants to learn more so I'm going to start up more math, continue reading, and do some fun experiments.

Katie loves cuddling with both mommy and daddy, loves to go to the park and climb on everything, blowing bubbles, the pool, Disney movies, being a princess, playing with dolls and when Daddy comes home from work. She's a little chatterbox at all times and loves to eat. She's not very picky, and she actually enjoys many good foods over junk foods. She's always happy with her snack of Activia Yogurt (strawberry is her favorite) and a banana. Of course, that doesn't mean she's a little cookie monster whenever she visits Nanna's! She hates to go to sleep but does go to sleep all by herself in her own bed in her own room and stays there all night and morning until it's time to start her day. She loves taking baths, especially when she can experiment with changing colors with her bath bombs! She learned how colors combine and make new colors that way, and she still enjoys watching the water change from color to color.

I'm so amazed at how much she's grown up this year. She's truly my little helper, my buddy, my Disney movie watching partner, and my little joy. She may look like her Daddy in the mirror, but when I see her, I see so much of myself in her from when I was her age. It's been such a joy to pass down all of my beloved things to her, and to get to revisit them through her excited eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment