Katie suddenly seems to be in a race to become a big kid so fast! She's just blossoming and picking things up so quickly. Her latest milestone is moving from the three sided crib/daybed to her own toddler bed. She loved playing in it on the first day (Sunday), she actually sat in the middle of it while I was putting the sides together, and wanting to lay down in it before there was even a mattress! Putting on the Minnie Mouse bedding that she had picked out last week was really the icing on the cake.
Then at night when it was time for bed, I laid her down in it and told her to go to sleep in "Katie's new bed." Of course she was too excited to at first, wanting to play with the little hideaway window and point out Minnie Mouse on her new blanket, but it didn't take her too long to calm down and lay down. Once she was asleep, she did a good job at staying asleep. I heard her tossing about a few times, once she even sat up and looked around when I checked on her, but she always laid back down and went to sleep without me having to tell her to or help her back down. She ended up sleeping so well that she didn't come to wake me up until a little after 10 AM!
Monday night, she did great. I laid down next to her bed, a little further away from her than the first night, and she went to sleep and stayed there all night long and all morning until I woke her up.
Last night she went to sleep the best. I laid her down and told her goodnight, then I laid down in my bed. She laid there for a while, then wanted to cuddle. She asked so adorably that I came over, cuddled for a few minutes, then went back to my bed and she fell asleep. Unfortunately she seems to be catching my cold so around dawn she woke up crying and sounding snotty. Even though I called her to come into my bed, she stayed in hers and laid there crying so I went to get her and brought her to me. My bed is already set up for sickness, with a mountain of pillows stacked up to keep me vertical, so I laid her against that with me and cuddled her for the rest of the morning.
She's doing so well in her bed! She's acting like it isn't even a transition. She always did well in her crib, but even there I'd sometimes find her in my bed by morning, especially in the beginning. With her bed though, she seems perfectly happy to stay in it and go to sleep in it.
Since she's doing so well, I'm going to start potty training her again next week. She took to it so naturally a few months ago, she was training herself before I had to stop from pregnancy and morning sickness. This time we're going to do it again but on the big potty. I was thinking of waiting a bit longer due to changing her bedtime routine, but she has been telling me she's ready for a while now. She doesn't like her diapers, she's uncomfortable, and she's now willing to sit on the big potty and isn't afraid of it (she also loves the idea of flushing the toilet and saying goodbye! I forget where she learned that at, but she's always liked that idea best!)
Due to a mix up with insurance, Katie is FINALLY getting her two year appointment soon, hopefully next week. She was supposed to get it done a few weeks ago at her new pediatrician's office (which is SO MUCH NICER than her old one!) but I'm eager to get her seen and see how she's doing as well as get her caught up on vaccinations before the baby gets here.
Here's some pictures of little cutie and her new bed:







No comments:
Post a Comment