Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, September 30, 2013

Babies

Katie has suddenly become obsessed with babies. I'm not sure what changed, as I've talked about our baby this whole pregnancy, but now she gets excited about the baby. We talk about her holding the baby when it comes, and the baby taking naps in the bouncer we have (that her baby doll is currently in), one of her favorite Blue's Clue's episodes is when Paprika gets a new baby brother (she even sings the song "the baby's here, the baby's here, we've waited and waited and waited and now the baby's here!). She wants to talk about babies all the time - if she sees one at the store, in a book, on tv, on my computer, etc. She pronounces baby so well and says it so adorably. She loves cuddling with my belly now. She'll point and say baby and then lay her head down on my belly and wrap her arms around me.

I know she can't fully get it (hell, I barely fully get it! It's so hard to realize that a new little life will be joining our every day for the rest of our lives soon!) but she seems to be really excited with the parts that she does understand. She wants to talk about the baby all the time. She wants to read her big sister books multiple times every day. She says that she's a big sister now.

It's a big change. In the beginning of pregnancy, she didn't understand it at all. If I asked if she's a big sister, she'd cry. If I asked about a baby coming, she'd get upset. If I held a baby doll, she would take it away. Now she's acting so different!

(I lost my train of thought here, because Katie walked over to me and begged me to read her the New Baby book again. It's her favorite book and boy does she read it a lot!)

She carries her babies around a lot now too, she puts them in the swing or the bouncer and covers them with her favorite blankie. She loves exclaiming "baby!!!" and then cuddling them. She just adores babies. I hope that lasts, because she's going to have lots of experience with babies soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment