Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 9, 2013

25 months

Katie Belle is growing so quickly! I just ordered her early preschool kit to start teaching her. This will go along with her Latin program that she's been working on (and LOVING - I knew a curriculum that has her singing would be the way to go) as well as her kindergarten preparing. I was running out of things to teach her - she already does numbers past 15 (though I'm not sure how far she knows - she goes higher for Blue's Clues than she does for me! lol), she knows her colors (and FINALLY - she'll SAY them. She used to only point at them, but now she says blue, pink, red, etc) and she knows at least half of the alphabet and shapes.

I decided to start teaching her at the end of this month with a few different books to make up her curriculum. I'm going to do what I can before the baby comes, then take a few months off and start again when we feel ready.

We're currently changing our house so that it's homeschooling and baby friendly. Our baby play area, Katie's area and our homeschooling shelves will all be downstairs now, which is two big open rooms right off of the kitchen. My hope is that the downstairs will be where we are all day until bedtime, so that everything will be a bit easier on me!

We also just switched doctors for Katie. It's been six months since she's been to a check up, so she's finally going next week. I have a feeling shots won't go over so well this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment