Hello readers!
This is my first month TTC (trying to conceive) with our first baby. I'm a 22 year old education major at Penn State University/ budding novelist and have been married to my husband for six months now. We have a Bernese Mountain puppy Sophie, who is currently 4 months old.
Some backround about me: I found out that I was in the early stages of Ovarian Cancer when I was 19. I was alerted fast enough to this by a large, 7 pound tumor that was resting on my organs and was covered in precancer cells. It took my ovary and my appendix, but everything else is in working order. =) The doctors gave me until I am 30 years old to have children before they give me a hysterecomy to ensure a cancer free life from here on out.
Though I still have a capable ovary and all the other parts are working fine, we aren't sure if the medical history has left any fertility problems. We have our fingers crossed that everything is okay and that our TTC period will be a short one!
My husband and I have both always dreamed of having a large family. Ever since I can remember, I couldn't wait to be a mom and have a bunch of kids of my own. I came from a family of six children, and he came from a family of four children. When we met, we had a lowered goal to have four children, but now it looks like we won't be able to make even that. With less than eight years and counting left of my baby making years, we need to get cracking! Thankfully, my husband has a good job that allows us to financially be able to handle a baby now, even after buying a house only about a month or so ago, so we're able to begin trying to have as many children as we're able.
Our house came with a nursery that was decorated in blue with teddy bear pictures in the border. Since moving in, the nursery is the one room that is almost fully furnished and decorated! It's the room that holds a lot of hope and anxious waiting for me, so I love getting it ready.
This is about our journey in expanding our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment